When an online relationship develops into a certain level, it’s time to meet up! Just like Nick did, our other members usually ask when is the right time for face-to-face connection and what to care about in this significant step. Rebecca, our dating expert, today will answer this question from a professional perspective.
I’ve been corresponding with a lady for almost half a year now, and recently we’ve come across the subject of meeting up – and I think it’s about the right time. But I have a few doubts. I would like her to come to my country first, because she says if we’re going to be together in the future then she’d be willing to immigrate here, so I’d like her to come over to experience life over here first. She agrees to this, but doesn’t seem to want to apply for a visa or start making plans on a specific date to come over. Also, before meeting up, what do I need to be aware of? What do I need to do to make a good impression?
Thanks & Regards,
In general, we recommend making plans for your first date after corresponding for about six months to a year. After six months’ correspondence, both of you should have a good understanding of each other, and feelings for each other should be quite strong. You should strike while the iron is hot and prove your true feelings for each other by meeting up. If you haven’t met up after 18 months’ correspondence, firstly, there are a lot of uncertainties in online dating – time is precious for the both of you – maybe one of you will start to consider other choices. Secondly, maybe too much online correspondence will create burnout or high expectations, instead leading to negative effects when meeting up. Therefore, six months to a year is a more suitable time.
-She must demonstrate to a consular officer that she qualifies for a U.S. visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
-She must show the following:
1. That the purpose of her trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment.
2. That she plans to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time.
3. Evidence of funds to cover her expenses while in the United States.
4. That she has a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure her return abroad at the end of her visit.
As a result, you must find out about her situation first, whether or not she meets all the requirements for applying for a visa, and then decide where the meeting should take place.
As for the details you should pay attention to when meeting up:
1. The essential dress code – when you meet up for the very first time, how you dress up is extremely important. You can’t go and see her wearing a dirty shirt and a pair of dusty shoes! As for what to wear, remember, as long as it’s respectable then anything is okay. As for if you should wear something formal, it will depend on your girlfriend’s personality. If she prefers it, then you should!
2. Prepare a respectable gift – it doesn’t have to be expensive – the most important thing is that she likes it. To show your sincerity and thoughts, you can also consider preparing small gift for her parents or family.
3. Don’t expect too much – in the online world, you are a couple. But after meeting up, this may no longer be the case. Real love must be able to stand the test of reality, and you must have memories which you both share. You should take it as if you’re seeing a friend. If you get along well, then you can continue seeing each other. Because, what you need to know is, handing over your heart and trust requires a huge effort.
4. Get to know each other more before meeting up – get more every-day photos of her, talk via Love Call, or even video call. In this way, you can gain a true and complete understanding of her.
Going on a date is not easy, especially when both of you speak two different languages, and have different cultures. Also, you’ll need to worry about all sorts of things, including various changes and risks, whether she will show up or not etc. This is when ChnLove’s Cupid Date comes in handy. The service makes meeting up with ladies easier. A Cupid Date includes scheduling the date with the lady on the member’s behalf as well as 1.5 hours of interpretation services. The date takes place in the lady’s current city of residence. If a lady declines the date or fails to show up, members will be given a full refund so they need not worry about ladies standing them up!